Giving back to our communities is what matters. Our key focus areas align to our strengths while catering to the socio-economic development needs communities. Our pillars are Education, Health, Entrepreneurship & Job Creation and Environment.
Education - Neotel Academy
We believe education is fundamental in driving socio-economic upliftment and development. The Neotel Academy is a 12 month learnership programme with a focus on technical skills.
- The academy was officially launched as a registered and accredited training provider on 8 April 2008, focusing on telecommunications. Learners are recruited from all nine provinces.
- Training courses include CNNA, MICT Seta accredited NQF Level 4 & 5 Learnerships in Telecommunications; practical training in network or field operations; IT support; maintenance; etc.
- In 2012, Neotel started the first NQF level 5 Learnership in Telecommunications in South Africa. This qualification is further accredited by City of Guilds International over and above the MICT SETA accreditation.
Employee Volunteer Programme - Neogivers
Our volunteer programme teaches our employees new skills, expands their networks and provides personal growth that carries over into the workplace.
We believe that CSI is every employee's responsibility. Employees are encouraged to get involved in projects that the company's CSI programme supports. Our programme encourages volunteerism by providing all employees the opportunity to plan and participate in organised volunteer activities which address the needs of our communities.
Some of our Recent Projects:
- Refurbishment of youth centres and ECD centres
- Casual Day – employees raised in excess of R120 000 over four years
- World ICT Day
- Nelson Mandela Day
- Blood donation clinics – employees donated in excess of 500 pints over four years
- Annual winter and toy drives
- Coastal clean-up campaigns
Mandela Day 2014
Neotel volunteers planted food gardens at three schools in collaboration with Food & Trees for Africa (FTFA). This action improved food security and accessibility to nutritious food for children in the areas. The new food gardens will not only supplement the feeding schemes at these schools, but will also contribute to raising much needed funds from the sales of the harvested produce to support the schools.
Neotel hosted three events at the different schools, with 90 staff members volunteering their time to make a difference.
- Boschkop Primary School, in Pretoria East
- Maphumezana Primary School in Umlazi, KwaZulu Natal
- Sonwabo Primary School in Gugulethu, Western Cape
As usual, Mandela Day proved to be a wonderful and fulfilling experience. Although it included a lot of hard work, it turned out to be a really fun day that captured the true spirit of team work and collaboration.
Well done Team Neotel for your contribution to enriching and empowering our local communities.
Share the Warmth - Winter Campaign
The 2014 Winter Campaign received support from volunteers who visited various local charities in Durban, Cape Town and Johannesburg. They spread cheer, shared a meal and even spread warmth by handing over blankets.
Volunteers in Johannesburg visited Early Childhood Development Centres in Ivory Park and Tembisa. Over a three week period they visited 9 centres and touched the lives of 419 children.
Volunteers in Durban provided meals to over 250 underprivileged children and handed out blankets.
Our colleagues in Cape Town, in partnership with the J.O.Y. charity, handed out soup, bread and blankets to children from an informal settlement near Cape Town International Airport.
Well done to all our volunteers for your selfless service, warm smiles and big hugs. These small acts of kindness are beacons of light and hope for the children whose lives you have touched.
Keep checking in with us to learn more about our volunteering efforts.
+27 (0) 11 585 0000